Paul Cantwell is a partner in Oliver Wyman’s Financial Services and Digital practices based in New York. He has been working at the intersection of Strategy, Technology and Regulation for the last 30 years. Originally based in London, he has supported clients in Europe, Asia and the US. His clients have included the largest global broker dealers, regulators, clearing and settlement groups, and top 5 retail banks in each geography. He is a member of the New York Angels, and an active investor and councilor to early stage start-ups.
Recent engagements have included:
- Regulatory support: for a major broker dealer, worked with client team to identify emerging regulatory requirements, develop tactical and strategic responses, together with a targeted communication program to the regulators.
- Regulatory and compliance: oversaw Oliver Wyman’s support for all of the US Global Systemically Important Banks (G-SIBs) in meeting the regulatory requirements related to Resolution Planning.
- Data architecture and integrity: Paul originally trained as DBA early in his career and has worked on several data intense programs to try and tame the entropy that impacts most cross functional and entity initiatives.
- Regulatory and compliance architecture: for a large bank structured their strategic response to the multiplicity of regulatory demands they face with a limited budget.
- Integrated Stress Testing Ecosystem: for a large bank worked with them to identify efficiencies that could be gained by integrating across silos.
Prior to joining Oliver Wyman, Paul was a full time Angel investor. He commenced his career with IBM in Singapore, worked with banks in Australia and Europe, and was a partner at Accenture for 20 years in London and in New York.